Last Updated on May 8, 2020 by Janie Wilson
As human beings, at some point in our lives, we have all struggled with defining beauty. Some research has even resulted in marking “beauty” is subjective. Some use it to attract people as much as anything else.
Over time, people have learned to accept different ethnic beauty differences. People are undergoing positive revision in their perspective of beauty. Body positivity movement is the most heartening version of loving thyself.
The movement is urging everyone to accept all physical flaws – except, that is, for the nose. Those with big, wide, crooked noses were never complimented and romanticized. I have yet to find a similar awakening. The “defective” nose is still considered a flaw in countless communities. This perspective has resulted in people looking for easy and fast physical changes. It lets them seek medical help, targeting Nose Tip Indentation.
What is Nose Tip Indentation?
For an easier understanding, Indentation is the slit or canal-like shape you see on the tip of your nose. It is two lower lateral cartilages joined together to form the tip. The tip of the nose is often the source of most people’s complaints. Nasal tip issues include a bulbous, rounded, boxy, or drooping tip. This is not a deformity. It is a slight separation between the nasal tip cartilages and is very common.
3 factors that affect the appearance of the nose
- Skin – scars from previous trauma can cause a dent or depression on the nose, like acne. Also, permanent wrinkle lines due to frequent nose rubbing from allergic rhinitis.
- Cartilage – cartilage is in the lower 2/3 of the nose. There are 2 pairs of upper and lower lateral cartilage, as well as the clear nasal septum. (particularly if your skin is thin.) Any deformity or defects/contour in these cartilages can appear through thin skin. It can be visible even though a person doesn’t have a wound or accident history.
- Bones – these are in the upper 1/3 of the nose. Nasal fractures and trauma obtained in the past can still cause crooked or dented bones.
How to correct nose tip indentation?
Due to standards followed by the majority, people who find their appearance a form of mockery. Some have resorted either by changing it through rhinoplasty surgery or nonsurgical rhinoplasty.
For Rhinoplasty Surgery (NOSE JOB)
- It is usually performed as an outpatient procedure. It won’t be an overnight stay. You’ll either get general or local anesthesia. With general anesthesia, you’ll sleep through the operation. With local anesthesia, they will sedate you. Your nose will numb so you can close your eyes and feel no pain.
- During operation, the surgeon will usually cut within the nostrils. But in more difficult cases, the surgeon will also make cuts around the base of the nose. The surgeon reshapes the inner bone and cartilage to make a more pleasing appearance.
For Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty (LIQUID NOSE JOB)
- It does not involve any incisions, sutures, or anesthesia. The technique can be safe for almost anyone.
- Surgeons will use injectable fillers. They will change and shape a person’s nose without opening the skin.
- The procedure fills the nose in weak areas. It lifts the angle of the nose’s tip then smooths the outline of the bridge, eradicating the bumps.
- Consult an expert or an experienced plastic surgeon. I’m sure you don’t want another “Voldemort-like nose” case in the end.
- Patient’s experience and satisfaction are much higher with nonsurgical rhinoplasty for several reasons. The results are immediate. Swelling, pain, and recovery time reduced. The results are much better.
- If visible complications exist, the person often needs to undergo another surgery.
- Both Surgical and Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty are EXPENSIVE. You can’t barge in and ask for a low-cost nose job. And, NO. The result of your” now chiseled nose” is not permanent.
- Liquid Rhinoplasty Filler complications exist and the risk can be destructive.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty is an enhancement surgery. and hence it cannot reduce the size of someone’s nose, only reshaped.
- Acceptance is a cheap way of claiming your beauty. Plus it’s regal and original.